The user loaded font allows you to select your own font in place of those which come with the Mega Sg. The load font option will bring you to the file browser. If you have a directory called FONT at the root of your SD card, it will default to that directory to load a font file. The font must use an 8x8 text box and must be represented in binary in a 1-bit per pixel format. Each character will take eight bytes to represent in this format. The file must be 768 bytes in size and use the extension .fnt. The characters in the file will have to start at ASCII 20 (space) and end at ASCII 7F (delete).
|Binary representation of an 'A' character font|
Supported image file types include BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, & TIFF. Expected file contains 96 8x8 pixel characters (ASCII 20h to 7Fh) for a total of 6,144 pixels read left to right, top to bottom.
- 16 columns by 6 rows arrangement (128x48px)
- 96 columns by 1 row (768x8px)
- 1 column by 96 rows (8x768px)
|Example source font image for converting to .fnt file|
Steps to generate Mega Sg font (.fnt) files
- Download MegaSgUtils.zip (SHA1 08B03DE9AE737432717D12A675ED16AEF153E46F)
- Extract archive
- Open a PowerShell command window
- Navigate to extracted directory
- Run: Import-Module .\MegaSgUtils.dll -Force
- Run: New-MegaSgFont <FullPathToFontImage> <FullPathToOutputFNTFile>
Mega Sg Font PakI've also created a Mega Sg Font sample pak. Download here. Extract the FONT folder to the root of your SD card for the optimum experience (loading fonts defaults to \FONT directory).
To load fonts:
- Enter the Mega Sg main menu
- Navigate Settings → System → Menu Options → Font
- Select Load Font From SD Card
- Select desired fnt file and enjoy!